PLACES TO VISIT
There is a tremendous amount to see and do in Puglia - from indoor and outdoor theatre and concerts, to boat trips, walking, mountain biking, horseriding, or simply strolling through the many historic piazzas, soaking up the atmosphere.
The area is rich in Roman and Greek archaeological sites and there is an abundance of fine art and architecture to absorb.
Puglia boasts many historic theatres, art galleries and museums. Historic towns are dotted across the region and numerous castles and fortresses also house their own museums.
And indoor and outdoor concerts, ranging from classical, jazz, to rock and pop are held in most towns.
For nightlife the student-filled city of Lecce is very lively and Bari too has a wide choice of clubs, bars and restaurants.
Smaller towns such as Martina Franca come to life in the summer months when outdoor festivals and events go on until late at night.
Galleries and Museums:
• Bari - Pinacoteca Provinciale
• Barletta - Museo Civico e Pinacoteca
• Brindisi - Museo Archeologico Provinciale
• Conversano - Ciclo della Gerusalemme Liberata
• Fasano - Museo Nazionale di Egnazia
• Foggia - Museo Civico e Pinacoteca Comunale
• Gioia del Colle - Museo Archeologico Nazionale
• Gravina in Puglia - Pinacoteca Civica
• Lecce - Museo Archeologico Provinciale
• Lucera - Museo Civico "G. Fiorelli"
• Manfredonia - Museo Archeologico Nazionale
• Monte Sant'Angelo - Museo delle Arti e Tradizioni Popolari del Gargano
• Ruvo di Puglia - Museo Archeologico Nazionale
• Ostuni - Museo di Civiltà Preclassiche della Murgia Meridionale
• Squinzano - Museo delle Arti e Tradizioni Popolari del Salento
• Taranto - Museo Archeologico Nazionale
Concerts and Music Festicals:
• Martina Franca: Festival della Valle D'Itria mid July-mid August