Near Montelparo, Marche, Italy
Excellently restored farmhouse divided into 3 apartments, sleeping a total of 8 to 14 guests, with swimming pool (8x4m)
Tucked away in the green hills of central Marche and within easy reach of the golden sandy beaches of the Adriatic and the awesome Sibillini Mountains, Casa Renata could not be better placed.
The Monti Sibillini National Park boasts some of the highest mountains in the Apennines, with Monte Vettore the highest in the park at 2,476m (8,124 ft) and many others including Sibilla and Priora (both well over 2,000m) which dominate the skyline for miles around.
The national park offers various excursions with experienced guides in some of the most beautiful yet least known areas in the whole of Italy - from the huge expanse of the Piano Grande, a vast natural plain surrounded by mountain peaks which in the summer months is carpeted with an amazing assortment of flowers reminiscent of a rainbow, to the high mountain lake Lago di Pilato, where according to legend Pilate's body was dumped and which is home to a unique crustacean found nowhere else in the world.
Wildlife abounds, with a stable wolf population, deer, plenty of wild boar (often on the menu!), porcupines, hares, eagles, falcons and hawks all present in the park.
The nearest town to Casa Renata is Montélparo, a beautiful hilltop town surrounded by medieval walls and supplying all basic needs, with a shop, bars, restaurant, local doctor and church.
Just a couple of miles from the house La Ginestra Country House Hotel offers horse riding tuition, tennis lessons in one of its four tennis courts, a very impressive crazy golf course for the kids, a swimming pool, restaurant and bar.
Nearby is the village of Montottone, home of the famous Bozzi Pottery, with handmade pots and crockery made to ancient designs.
And the towns of Fermo, Offida, Ascoli Piceno and Amandola are all within easy driving distance and each offers something unique - Fermo's dominating cathedral and art gallery (which has one of the few paintings by Rubens in Italy), Ascoli Piceno's central piazza made entirely of marble, Offida's lace-making tradition and Amandola, the gateway to the mountains with its amazing views.
An abundance of other historic hilltop towns are also close by, many with their own town festivals and sagras.
And if all that sounds a bit too strenuous, then just relax in the garden or by the pool at Casa Renata, enjoying the panorama and passing the time in total peace and tranquillity, far from the stresses and strains of everyday life.
- Casa Renata is a nineteenth century country house recently restored to a very high standard using local materials, yet furnished with all the modern conveniences.
- Apartment A sleeps 2/4 people and comprises a kitchen/living room with double sofa bed, one double bedroom and a bathroom and an exclusive outside area with portico ideal for outdoor dining.
- Apartment B sleeps 2/4 people and has a kitchen/dining room which can become a second bedroom and a separate kitchenette, one double bedroom and one bathroom and an outside dining area under a covered portico.
- Entry to Apartment C is by an external staircase to a large terrace outside and a kitchen/dining room with fireplace and double sofa bed. It sleeps 6/7 people and has one double bedroom and two twin rooms and three bathrooms.
- All three apartments have private entry and can be booked individually or together.
- Swimming pool and jacuzzi
- Communal washing machine
- Garden and lawns with swing and slide
- Ping Pong table
- Horse riding nearby
- Tennis nearby
*We also include a wine tasting and tour with the Ciu Ciu and Umani Ronchi winemakers. Contact us
for more details. *Book a villa with us and you can take the opportunity to spend a day relaxing on our superb yacht in the Adriatic. Contact us
for more details.