Peaceful converted nunnery with a selection of apartments, sleeping from 2 to 6 guests, with swimming pool (16x9m) and tennis court
This beautiful collection of buildings once formed part of a convent for nuns and if it was peace they were looking for when they chose the site then they certainly found it.
Located on a high plateau with exquisite views on all sides of rolling hills, green woodland, the occasional field of sunflowers and pasture, this place is perfect for anyone desiring a relaxing holiday immersed in the beautiful greenery of Marche.
Casa Raffaella almost has the feel of a tiny village, not least because of the great range of facilities and things to do. There is a restaurant located in an old barn in the grounds, with special local delicacies prepared by owner and fine cook Signora Mochi, whose family inherited the property from an Italian count in 1834. The restaurant opens twice a week, on feast days and for pre-booked groups.
There is a tennis court, a large swimming pool set in the most panoramic position possible, wooded areas, lawns, a small vineyard and a little lake where you can fish. White and black truffles also grow in the area.
Situated in the Apennine foothills of the Pesaro-Urbino province Casa Raffaella is also conveniently close to Umbria and Tuscany, providing a great base for exploring all the treasures of central Italy. Florence, Bologna, Perugia, Assisi, Gubbio and Rome are all within three hours drive.
But much closer to home the towns and villages of Marche also have an amazing amount to offer, in terms of architecture, art and cuisine.
Close by is the architecturally and artistically important university town of Urbino. Also within easy driving distance are the interesting towns of Pesaro, Mondavio, San Leo and Fano as well as the principality of San Marino in northern Marche, home to the Formula One grand prix race of the same name.
Within half an hour you can find yourself on the beautiful beaches of the Adriatic Coast and within an hour is Monte Conero, which climbs nearly 600m from the seashore and offers up secret coves and beaches with crystal clear blue waters. On its slopes vineyards provide the grapes for the highly prized Rosso Conero wine, one of the best known in Marche.
And virtually every town has its own art gallery and a range of excellent and modestly priced restaurants. For shopping the village of Pole is just over a mile away and the slightly larger town of Cagli is just four miles away.
- Apartment Cavalli sleeps 2/4 guests and is on the ground floor end of a cottage, with private entrance. It has one double bedroom with a bathroom and shower. In the living room there are a further two single sofa beds if required. The kitchen/dining room has French doors opening out onto a small terrace.
- Apartment Castagni sleeps 4/5 guests. It is also on the ground floor and has a living/dining room with fireplace. The kitchen is fully equipped and has an electric oven and large fridge-freezer. There are two bedrooms, one double and one twin and two bathrooms.
- As with the whole complex, both apartments have been carefully restored by the Mochi family to maintain original features, such as the wooden beams, terracotta tiles and beautiful stonework wherever possible.
- All the apartments are furnished with typical country furniture.
- Small pets only permitted on request.
- Large swimming pool and tennis court
- Horse riding and fishing lake
- Restaurant open twice a week, on feast days and for bookings
- Organic farm produce
- Communal washing machines
- Cots available
- Large common room
- Spacious well-kept grounds with children's play area
- Outdoor barbecue
*We also include a wine tasting and tour with the Ciu Ciu and Umani Ronchi winemakers. Contact us
for more details. *Book a villa with us and you can take the opportunity to spend a day relaxing on our superb yacht in the Adriatic. Contact us
for more details.